I am an innovative teacher and life coach helping individuals and groups to expand their personal and professional potential and thrive in their bodies, because feeling great and living with purpose changes the world.
Applying my 25 years of experience as a certified wellness professional, I provide holistic health and life coaching, movement, and group courses and seminars to inspire growth, self-awareness and more fulfillment on an everyday basis.
I am a holistic health and life coach who helps people of all ages who want to be healthy, fit, well-balanced and successful at the sport of life. I have been providing functional personal training , holistic health coaching and physical therapy-related exercises as an independent professional for 25 years.
I started my professional life in the field of physical therapy after receiving my license to practice from Lasell College (now Lasell University) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Division of Professional Licensure in Physical Therapy in 1997. I soon acquired my first personal training client and, ever since, have been working one-to-one with clients to help them change their habits and thus change their lives. My passion is to educate my clients on the best ways for their body to function in all aspects of their health, to show them they have the power to change their health and empower them with knowledge and tools. It is thrilling to see what happens with this empowerment. It gets me excited on a daily basis. Through my own health issues and challenges that couldn’t be solved the traditional route, I discovered Ayurveda and holistic health modalities. As a result, I am also a certified yoga health coach in the practice of integrating the ancient science of Ayurveda with modern/western science.
Through coaching and training with me, clients have attained overall better health:
- Achieved weight loss through fitness and changing their relationship with food, ultimately finding a healthy body weight and staying at their optimal weight for years;
- Improved their body composition and osteoporosis through postural, weight-bearing and strength training exercises;
- Improved their digestion by addressing Irritable Bowel Syndrome and other GI issues;
- Enhanced their sleep, overcome insomnia and gained an understanding of sleep anxiety;
- Reduced general anxiety and eliminated panic attacks; and
- Stepped off medications for these issues, particularly anxiety meds.
I have helped clients achieve their health goals through using behavioral science techniques I have learned from B. J. Fogg and James Clear and alternative modalities such as EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) Tapping. I have studied Ayurveda with Cate Stillman, Ayurveda nutrition with Kate O’Donnel and hormone balancing with Dr. Claudia Welch.
As a holistic health and life coach, I educate my clients on what they need to do or change to have a healthy lifestyle. I teach and assist them on using meditation, breath work and various stress reduction techniques to give them the tools to enrich their lives.
Bryant University BS Business, 1989
Lasell College PTA, 1997
As part of my holistic health coaching and personal training practice, I am continually studying and implementing innovative programs in areas ranging from life-changing habits to strength training/conditioning and weight loss.
A proponent of continuing education, I have completed many specialty and continuing education courses and hold certifications in nutrition counseling. As a post-rehab exercise specialist, I use only scientifically-based training methods.
I have received the following training with renown health and physical fitness specialists:
- Evaluation Techniques and Conditioning Programs for Golfers -Gregg Rose
- Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning Seminar – Mike Boyle ATC
- The Functional Movement Screen -Gray Cook MSPT, OCT, CSCS
- Mike Boyle Personal Training Seminar -Mike Boyle ATC
- Beyond Program Design -Juan Carlos Santana Med, CSCS
- The Evolution of Personal Training -Alwyn Cosgrove CSCS
- Understanding Movement Patterns -Grey Cook MSPT, OCS, CSCS
- Training Modifications for Low Back Pain -Mike Boyle ATC
- Integrated Movement Screens and Assessments -Annette Lang, CPT
- Cardiovascular Conditioning in Anaerobic Energy Systems -Everett Agberg MS, CSCS, RTS, MAT
- Post Rehab Guidelines for the Spine -Dr. Michael Jones
- Metabolism: Reality vs Controversy -Dr. Len Kravitz
- Advanced Flexibility Techniques -Annette Lang NASM, CPT
- Strength Training for Older Adults -Dr. Wayne Wescott
- Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption -Dr. Len Kravitz
- Concepts in Strength, Balance, and Coordination -Paul Goodman MS, CSC
- Muscular Imbalances -Justin Gornell DPT, OCS
Contact me with a question or request to join my mailing list.
Southborough, MA 01772
Monday - Friday : 8am–5pm
Saturday : 11am–6pm
Sunday : Closed