I’m going to show you the best exercise for looking younger. Why do we look old? We look old because we have a curled posture and forward head.
So much that we do in today’s society takes our bodies forward and rounds it: our desk jobs, driving, talking on the phone, eating – almost anything we do.
Let’s do the opposite and open you up. I’m going to show you a quick exercise you can do daily on a foam roller. It’s simple and easy, and very relaxing.
- Lay down on the foam roller.
- Come to the center and find your balance.
- Keep legs wide for stability.
- Begin a butterfly stretch by bringing your hands into prayer position.
- Bring your elbows together as soon you can.
- Go overhead as far as you can.
- Open wide.
Modifications: If you can’t touch the ground, that’s totally fine. Just go as far as you can with your hands as close to the ground as possible. Don’t push your range of motion. Let gravity open you up as you keep doing it over time.
This is a great exercise to do daily. Fifteen to thirty reps each day. You’ll see beautiful posture in a matter of weeks.
Try it and let me know how you do in the comments below.
Southborough, MA 01772
Monday - Friday : 8am–5pm
Saturday : 11am–6pm
Sunday : Closed